Metz Mission Statement
The mission of Grace E. Metz Middle school is to inspire, challenge, and prepare our students to become responsible, confident high school learners.
School Counseling Department Mission Statement
The Metz Middle School Counseling Program’s mission is to empower student achievement through academic, career, and personal/social development in collaboration with teachers, parents, and the community in order for them to become successful citizens.
School Counseling Department Vision
We, the professional school counselors of Grace E Metz Middle School, are committed to Manassas City Public Schools vision that each student will achieve his or her maximum potential as a productive citizen of the 21st century. Our school counseling program focuses on student competencies in the academic, social/emotional, and career domains. These domains are an essential piece of our middle school program that build a foundation for learning and enhances success for every student.
School counseling services are delivered in five (5) ways:
- Classroom Core Curriculum Lessons—delivered to all students & based in the areas of personal/social, academic and career development
- Individual Student Planning—one on one assistance with goal formation/planning
- Small Group Counseling—assistance with personal/social, academic, and career development within a small group setting
- Responsive Services—brief counseling, crisis intervention, problem-solving, peer mediation (If students need mental health counseling, we refer the family to community counseling resources)
- System Support—school wide programming, consultation with school & community professional, and support for students and their families