Haydon School Nurse

Phone: 571-377-6212


Degrees and Certifications:

Kelly Schetselaar

Fax Number: (571) 762-0111


Haydon Clinic Assistant



Degrees and Certifications:

Ingrid Diaz, CMA

Latest Quarantine and Isolation Guidance

  • Quarantine and Isolation Guidelines


    When will my student(s) need to isolate and for how long?

    Your student(s) will need to isolate when they:

    1. Have received a COVID-19 positive test result; or
    2. Have received a diagnosis of COVID-19 from a physician; or

    All students who must isolate will need to do so for a period of 10 days or until symptoms have significantly improved, to include being fever free for 24 hours without the use of a fever reducing medication. Day 0 is the day the symptoms develop or the day that you receive the positive test result. Your student(s) should return to school on day 11 or later if day 11 falls on a weekend.

Administration of Medication

  • Administration of medications, especially short term, should be done at home whenever possible. However, if a student is required to take prescription or non-prescription medication during the school day, the following guidelines must be met:

    • A General Medication Consent Form   from a dentist or practitioner is required, stating the student's name, the name of the medication, the dosage, the time, and the duration of time that it is to be given, along with the parent's/guardian's signature. 
    • Medication must be in a container that has been labeled by the pharmacy and has the most current prescription date. Over-the-counter medication must be in a sealed, unopened new bottle.
    • All medicine must be picked up by a parent at the end of the school year. Medicine not picked up will be disposed.

    In some situations, accommodations can be made for students with asthma and with potential for severe allergic reactions to self-administer their inhaled asthma medication or their auto-injectable (epi-pen) medication. These situations require additional forms to be completed. Additional questions and concerns may be directed to the registered nurse at your school.


    Medication forms are available for your convenience. Your child's school should also have a copy.