Learning that Powers the Future
Manassas City Public Schools (MCPS) is committed to increasing academic achievement in all subjects and transforming information so Learning Powers the Future for all of our students. The responsibilities of the Department of Student Achievement are as follows:
- Provide 21st century instruction to develop the skills to support their success and on-time graduation.
- Provide opportunities for critical thinking, collaboration, communication, creativity and citizenship.
- Provide proactive and effective communication as one community in support of student success.
- Provide a safe and orderly environment maximizes student performance.
- Implement the Virginia State Assessment Program and MCPS’ local assessment program.
- Implement MCPS’ Balance Scorecard and Program Evaluation initiatives.
The department is comprised of the following offices: Accountability and Assessment, Curriculum and Instruction, Gifted and Talented, Career and Technical Education, Fine Arts, Instructional Technology, and Professional Development.