Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! I am Leonard Newman, Jr., and the 2018-2019 school year marks my 12th year teaching in MCPS. After graduating from Osbourn High School, I attended the University of Virginia and received my undergraduate degree in Sociology. I have also received my Master's Degree in Educational Leadership - Math Specialist from George Mason University. I am also the Metz Robotics coach and write the drill for the Osbourn High School "Screaming Eagles" Marching Band.
Students in my classes for the 2018-2019 school year will need the following supplies:
- Interactive notebook (preference to a composition notebook, but spiral notebook will also work)
- Binder or folder with pockets (to hold worksheets and quizzes)
- Some loose leaf lined and graph paper
- Pencils (and a pen for grading)
- Glue sticks
- Colored pencils
- Ruler or other straightedge
- (Geometry students only) compass
Algebra 1 and Geometry students will be using graphing utilities in the class and should have access to these outside of school. The graphing calculators we will be using is from the TI-83/84 family. The online graphing utility will be through www.desmos.com; Desmos also has a free app for phones.