What is good attendance?
Missing school one day or less each month or no more than nine days a year.
In brief, Virginia law:
* requires parents to send children to school
* requires students to attend school
* requires schools to take specific actions when children are not enrolled or students fail to attend
* authorizes law enforcement officers to pick up students who are skipping school
* authorizes juvenile courts to take action against parents and/or children for failure to attend school
Parents can verify their student’s absences by using one of the following methods:
* Attendance Line- 571-377-6300