Chinese Immersion Program at Osbourn High School
This will be the second year in a row that Osbourn High School proudly sponsors the Chinese Immersion Program. This program consists in bringing 30 Chinese international students here to OHS with the purpose of observing how instruction is delivered. We need host families who will provide a home and lodging for these students for 6 days.
Details about Hosting An Exchange Student:
- The host family will provide lodging and meals for the student for 6 days.
- The host family will be financially compensated.
- The international student will travel to Osbourn with the OHS student and shadow the OHS student throughout the day while attending all classes.
- The parent company that brings the international students to Manassas and OHS is called ASTAR Institute.
- The 10th grade Chinese International students will be here from January 24 until January 31.
- Host students and chaperones will be eligible to go to China during the Summer.
If you are interested in hosting an exchange student
please fill out this form and we will contact you directly.
If you can't host we could still use your help:
- We will need students from OHS to serve as chaperones who will be shadowed during the day and during instruction here at OHS
- Time is of the essence so we need responses as quickly as possible.
- Pleases contact Juan Lopez JLopez@mcpsva.org directly if you are interested in having a student chaperone you here at Osbourn