PLEASE NOTE: Currently only kindergarten students may register for next school year (2022-2023). Grades 1 through 12 may begin registering in July.
AVISO IMPORTANTE: En este momento solamente se están aceptando inscripciones para estudiantes de kindergarten para el próximo año escolar (2022-2023). Las inscripciones para los grados escolares 1° al 12 comenzarán en julio.
Registering your Child at MCPS
We are excited that your family is joining our school division and allowing us to be an integral part of your child's future. Manassas City Public Schools (MCPS) is where learning powers the future, and MCPS is very fortunate to be part of a community that values and supports that vision.
- If your child is currently enrolled in the preschool program provided by Manassas City Public Schools, you should not register your child again. He/she is already registered and will automatically be enrolled in the kindergarten program for the school year 2022-2023. If your address or other information has changed since enrollment, please contact your child’s school directly to update any needed information.
- This online kindergarten student registration is only for children who turn 5 on or before September 30, 2022, and therefore are eligible to register for kindergarten in Manassas City Public Schools.
- Please complete the five steps below. **Please upload all required documents for a new student registration into the MCPS online registration program. The school registrar will contact you after you have submitted the online registration form. You may access your assigned school's website by visiting the School Profiles webpage and clicking on the title of your assigned school.
New Student Online Registration
Registration for the Current (2021-2022) School Year
- If you are enrolling a student for school year 2021-2022, please contact your school registrar.
- Si está inscribiendo a un estudiante para este año escolar, 2021-2022, por favor contacte al registrador de la escuela.
New Student Registration Steps for Next School Year (2022-2023)
1. Determine your Eligibility for Enrollment
A person of school age (i.e., a person who will have reached his or her 5th birthday on or before September 30 of the school year and who has not reached 20 years of age on or before August 1 of the school year) is eligible for admission on a non-tuition basis if residing in the Manassas City Public Schools School Division, or if eligible for admission under Policy JECA. MCPS is committed to educating homeless children and youth. Please click here for additional information.
Your child will also need an updated physical examination and immunizations to meet the health requirements for kindergarten.
- School Entrance Health Requirements for New Student Enrollment and Rising PreK and 7th Grade Students
- Requisitos de Salud para la Inscripción de estudiantes nuevos de PreK y 7º Grado
2. Determine your School Attendance Area
Manassas City Public Schools determines which of our five elementary schools your child will attend for grades K-4 based on your physical (home) address. Click here to find your assigned school.
3. Items needed for registration:
Original birth certificate
Proof of residency (deed or contract on a home in Manassas City or current rental/lease agreement)
Two (2) of the following: driver's license, car registration, utility bill or utility hook up, personal property tax bill, other bills, voter registration, or other documentary evidence of similar reliability)
Before a child can start school in August, a completed immunization record must be on file. The month, day, and year of immunizations must be reflected. Children, entering school for the first time, must have immunizations verified on either a Virginia Form MCH-213G, public health department form, or an immunization document from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner. (Click here for more information on immunizations.)
Additionally, a copy of the student's comprehensive Virginia State Physical should be on file. The physical examination must be from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner, performed within the 12 months prior to the date the student enters kindergarten or elementary school. When a physical is completed for an entry to kindergarten, the School Entrance Physical Exam Form must be used and can be completed by visiting the Virginia Department of Education website. If transferring from another school, school division, or from out-of-state, a copy of such an examination must be in the previous school’s record and available upon request.
4. Complete the Online Registration Form
Manassas City Public Schools utilizes an online registration application to collect the majority of information used to enroll your child in one of our schools. After completing the online form, you will need to visit your child’s school to complete the registration process and present the required documents. You are encouraged to complete the online form ahead of time, but schools will have computers available on site if you wish to complete the form during your visit.
The online registration form is accessible via standard web browsers found on most internet-connected devices, including home computers, public computers (available at local libraries), tablets, and smartphones (user experience will vary by device).
If this is your first time in our online student registration system, you will need to click on "Create Account" to begin the process. (For technical assistance click here)
- If you are enrolling a student for school year, 2022-2023, please click here.
- Si está inscribiendo a un estudiante para el próximo año escolar, 2022-2023, haga clic aquí.
5. Make an Appointment with Your Child's School and Present Required Documentation to Complete the Registration Process
Manassas City Public Schools, in accordance with the Commonwealth of Virginia, requires you to provide certain original documents in order to enroll your child in school. (See items needed for registration above.)