Projected cost - $11.1 million
The renovation of this property would be detrimental to the school division and taxpayers in the following ways:
- The projected cost of police station renovation exceeds the cost of the Centreville Road building purchase by $350,000.
- The renovation period would be at least 24 months, which would necessitate additional lease costs (approximately $1 million) for this period.
- The entire building will be used on day one, leaving no room for future growth or the expanded CTE program.
- There would be a significant renovation cost by the School Board and the Board would only receive a 10-year lease agreement from the City Council.
- The School Board would incur moving costs and possibly disruption of services during this period.