Returning Student Registration is Open
Access to InfoSnap (PowerSchool Returning Student Registration), is now open. Parents and guardians will be able to access InfoSnap through July 30 in order to update/confirm their child's information for the upcoming school year.
Please use this opportunity to review and/or correct your child's address, phone numbers, emergency contacts and more.
Returning Student Registration for 2021-22:
Update Your Child's Contact and Health Information
It is more important than ever to update your child's contact and health information using our online Returning Student Registration application for the 2021-2022 school year!
**If a parent/guardian enrolled a child as a new student for the 2021-2022 school year, the parent/guardian will not receive an email or letter to update their information through the Returning Student Registration application.**
You may update your child's information using one of the three ways:
1) Children with parents/guardians who do not have an email on file with MCPS will receive a printed letter in the mail during the week of July 12th. If you receive a letter in the mail with a Snapcode, please click the appropriate link below to update your child's information:
- Click here to Update Your Child's Information (English)
- Haga clic aquí para actualizar la información de su hijo (español)
- The printed letter contains a "Snapcode" that the parent/guardian must enter to begin the login process.
- If a parent/guardian does not have internet access, the parent/guardian may be able to use a computer at their child's school or at a public library if available.
- If you have any issues accessing the parent portal, please contact the registrar at your child's school for assistance.
- The school will contact the parent/guardian for additional information if there is a change in residency or medical information.
- If you updated your child's information online last year, you will have an existing account. Click the "Forgot Password" link if you cannot remember your password. If you did not update your child's information online last year, you will need to create an account. Only one parent/guardian can update a child's record.
2) Update your child's information using your PowerSchool Parent Portal account. Please click the link below to access the portal.
- Parent Portal Link: https://ps.mcpsva.org/public/home.html
- If you have not previously created an account, you may do so by clicking "create account" after visiting the link below. You will need the parent web id letter from your child's school. Contact the school to have this letter mailed to you.
3) Update your child's informatoin using the SnapCode link in an email from MCPS.
- Parents/guardians who have email addresses on file with MCPS will receive an email with links to update his/her child's information during the afternoon/evening hours on July 12, 2021.
- Only the first parent listed in a student's information will receive an email.
- This email contains "Snapcode" link that will take the parent/guardian directly to the Returning Student Registration application. You will be prompted to login or create an account. If you updated your child's information online last year, you should have an existing account. You can use the "Forgot Password" link if you cannot remember your password. If you did not update your child's information online last year, you will need to create an account. Only one parent/guardian can update a child's record.
How do I get started using my Parent Portal Account?
You may log into your parent portal account and update your child’s information by clicking on Returning Student Registration after logging into your account. The link to the Parent Portal is https://ps.mcpsva.org/public/home.html. If you have not established an account in the Parent Portal, please use the Snapcode option below.
How do I get started not using a Parent Portal Account?
If you have not established an account in the Parent Portal, please follow these steps using the Snapcode below.
- Please visit the registration link below:
- Then enter your child’s Snapcode
- The Snapcode acts as a key to your child’s information for this school year. Do not share it with anyone.
What should I do if I don't have access to the internet?
You can go to your child's school and ask the office or registrar for help. They will provide you with access to a computer.
Should I create a Snapcode account?
If you are not using the Parent Portal and have never completed an online Returning Student Registration, you should create a Snapcode account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back later if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number. If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form. (You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.)
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student?
Do I need to do this for each child? Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one child’s update before starting another – this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save time.
What if I need help?
You can contact the registrar at your child's school to ask any general questions about the form or process.