Powerschool Parent Portal
Manassas City Public Schools (MCPS) Parent Portal provides parents/guardians with 24-hour access to their child(ren)’s grades, attendance and demographic information. MCPS also utilizes this portal as a gateway for parents/guardians to annually update their information in its student information system.
If you need to create an account, you will need your child(ren)’s Powerschool web ID and password which is available at your child’s school. If you need this information, please visit the school and ask for the Parent Web ID letter. Each child will have a separate web ID and password. Please follow the steps below to establish your account and access to your child(ren)’s information.
Log into the Parent Portal
Creating Your Parent Portal Account
- Go to this URL: https://ps.mcpsva.org/public/home.html
- Click on Create Account.
- Click on Create Account again.
- Enter your information (first name, last name, email, desired username and password). Please note the password must be at least six (6) characters long.
- In the Link Students to Account section, enter your child’s name, access ID and access password (included on the letter mailed home). Identify your relationship to the child. Repeat this step if you have additional children attending MCPS. You can link up to seven different accounts.
- When you are finished, click Enter.
- After you click Enter, you will be brought to the Student and Parent Sign In page where you can access your Parent Portal Account.
- If you forget your username or password click the forgot username or password option at bottom of the sign in screen. Enter your username and email address that were used to establish the account and you will recieve an email allowing you to reset your password.
Parent Portal Dashboard
The Parent Portal has a blue header running across the upper portion of the screen. If a parent has more than one child linked to his/her account, the parent can view different children by clicking on each student's name. On the left side of the screen is the main navigation menu and each option is defined below:
- Grades/Attendance: Displays grades and attendance.
- Grade History: Shows a summary of grades for each year the student has been enrolled.
- Attendance History: Provides an attendance report for the current term.
- E-mail Notification: Allows parents to select options for email alerts.
- Teacher Comments: Displays the selected terms, teacher comments, by class.
- School Bulletin: Displays an daily announcement the school may have posted for parents.
- Class Registration: Allows parents to view student's course requests for the upcoming year if the school uses online course registration.
- My Schedule: Provides a view of a student’s current schedule.
- School Information: Provides contact information for the school that a student attends.
- Account Preferences: Allows parents to change their login credentials or add additional students to their account.
- Returning Student Registration: Provides parents the opportunity to update their address, phone numbers, email address, emergency contacts, etc. This is only available during the months of August and September.
PowerSchool Parent Portal: Viewing Grades and Attendance Video