MCPS Forward: Return to Learn
RETURN TO LEARN INFORMATION: MARCH - MAY 2021
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, the School Board of the City of Manassas approved the return to in-person learning for School Dependents Learners, Select CTE programs (EMT, Cosmetology, Auto Technology, Construction Technology, Criminal Justice (for the 911 Dispatch Certification), Commercial Photography); and Prek-4 grades for the 2020-2021 school year.
Timeline for Return to In-Person Instruction
- Manassas City Public Schools will implement the following reentry plan:
- March 15: All teachers and staff return to work locations.
- March 15: Select CTE Programs (Mondays Only)
- March 17: School Dependent Learners
- March 23: PreK – 4 students begin hybrid (in-person) model.
- PK-4 students will have asynchronous learning days March 15-19 to allow teachers to prepare for their return.
- Grades 5 - 12 remain fully online with the current schedule, except for those students previously listed.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
DAILY HEALTH SCREENINGS FOR STUDENTS
IN-PERSON AND 100% DISTANCE LEARNING MODELS
SAFETY AND FACILITY IMPROVEMENTS
OPERATIONAL NEEDS AND SUPPORT