Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), view the following documents:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 is a new disease that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person to person. This virus was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
- Help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, like Coronavirus Disease 2019 by avoiding close contact with people who are sick; covering cough and sneeze; avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth; and washing your hands with soap and water.
- If you're feeling sick use this chart by the Virginia Department of Health to analyze your symptoms.
- Germs are all around you. Stay healthy by washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- The following user-friendly, plain-language guide is to help public health departments and community settings put the 2017 Community Mitigation Guidelines into action as part of their NPI pre-pandemic planning.
- Protecting yourself and others from respiratory illnesses like the flu starts with you. The following are educational materials on nonpharmaceutical interventions (NPIs).
- There are important differences between washing hands with soap and water and cleaning them with hand sanitizer. Knowing when to clean your hands and which method to use will give you the best chance of preventing sickness.
- The following information was released by the World Health Organization.
Additional resources can be found on the Virginia Department of Health website.