Osbourn High School Principal Profile
Manassas City Public Schools seeks an experienced, passionate, exceptional educational leader to serve as principal of Osbourn High School. The successful candidate will:
- Lead with a transformative vision, intention, example, and follow through that inspires students and staff to aspire for excellence.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge, deep understanding and appreciation of working with students and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and communication strategies.
- Be able to create and sustain partnerships within the school, district, and community, all focused on the success of all students and staff.
- Demonstrate experience working collaboratively among colleagues.
- Value student voice and engagement and promote restorative practices.
- Have experience supporting and empowering teachers and staff through professional development.
- Have recent successful administrative experience at the secondary level.
Osbourn High School is a diverse community of 2,175 students and approximately 200 staff and is part of a larger system of nine schools. Osbourn boasts an accomplished faculty and staff, a robust program of academic, fine arts, athletic and extracurricular offerings, a commitment to serving individual needs, and a supportive local community. A few of Osbourn’s distinguished programs include the Governor’s STEM Academy, Advanced Placement, Robotics, AVID, and both a Grammar Signature School and Blue Ribbon recipient in music education.
An advanced degree in Educational Leadership, certification and successful prior experience as a building administrator are required. The position includes a very competitive salary and benefits package and begins on July 1, 2019.
Submit completed Manassas City Public Schools employment application, current resume, transcripts, copy of certification, three references and a Statement of Philosophy.
Application deadline: April 19, 2019