About the Personnel Committee
The role of the Personnel Committee includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Oversee the review of all personnel-related policies to ensure conformance with all federal and state mandates as informed by the VSBA
- Maintain and coordinate new School Board Member orientation and handbook
- Maintain and coordinate School Board Student Representative Program
- Recommend actions to the full School Board based on committee meeting discussions
- Other items as assigned by the School Board or the School Board Chairman
The Personnel Committee DOES NOT exist to intervene directly in school situations nor manage the interface between Human Resources Department and Staff, nor does it provide managerial oversight to the division (that is the work of the Superintendent and his/her staff).