About the Academics Committee
The role of the Academics Committee is to:
- Oversee the review of courses and testing protocols and ensure they are in accordance with requirements established by the Virginia Department of Education.
- Establish priorities in review of courses in consultation with the Superintendent and the administration.
- Set course review goals and schedules.
- Oversee and approve textbook adoption and resource adoption for all academic subjects.
- Evaluate suggestions for changes to, or the elimination or implementation of courses.
- Work with the Superintendent, administration and staff to establish a draft academic year calendar.
- Review and/or recommend policies to the policy committee
- Other items as assigned by the School Board or the School Board Chairman