What is good attendance?
Missing school one-day or less each month or no more than nine days a year.
In brief, Virginia law:
* requires parents to send children to school
* requires students to attend school
* requires schools to take specific actions when children are not enrolled or students fail to attend
* authorizes law enforcement officers to pick up students who are skipping school
* authorizes juvenile courts to take action against parents and/or children for failure to attend school
Parents can verify their student’s absences by using one of the following methods:
Online Attendance Form
Written or Doctors note:
All notes require a parent/guardian signature and should be turned in to the attendance assistant located in the main office.
You may reach the attendance line by dialing:
Email: (must include parents contact information)
CORRECTIONS TO ATTENDANCE
It is possible for errors to occur when entering classroom attendance. If a student suspects there may be an error in his/her attendance record, the student is to contact the teacher who entered the attendance in question. The attendance assistant can only accept attendance corrections/changes from teachers
Ms. Wanda Vincente
Dean of Students
Students last name M-Z
Ms. Betsy Ingles-Whitaker