Phone: (571) 377-7033
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Michele Edwards - Registrar
Welcome to the Registrar's page. The information below will guide you through the first step for registration for your student. Additional resources can be found at the bottom of the page. If you need to fax a document to the registrar's office you can do so at (703) 257- 8555.
2019-2020 New Student Online Registration
1st-12th Grade Registration for the 2020-2021 school year begins June 1st
We are excited that your family is joining our school division and allowing us to be an integral part of your child's future. Manassas City Public Schools (MCPS) is where learning powers the future, and MCPS is very fortunate to be part of a community that values and supports that vision.
- If your child is currently enrolled in the preschool program provided by Manassas City Public Schools, you should not register your child again. He/she is already registered and will be automatically enrolled in the kindergarten program for 2019-2020. If your address or other information has changed since enrollment, please contact your child’s school directly to update any needed information.
- This online kindergarten student registration is only for children who turn 5 on or before September 30, 2019, and therefore are eligible to register for kindergarten in Manassas City Public Schools.
Please complete the five steps below. During the summer months, MCPS' schools have set times for student registrations. Please visit your school's website to view its kindergarten registration dates and times. You may access your assigned school's website by visiting the School Profiles webpage and clicking on the title of your assigned school. In the meantime, you may begin the registration process immediately by completing the five steps below.
New Student Registration Steps for Current School Year 2019-2020
1. If you are enrolling your child to attend a school in the school year 2019-2020, please continue to the next step.
2. Determine your Eligibility for Enrollment
A person of school age (i.e., a person who will have reached his or her 5th birthday on or before September 30 of the school year and who has not reached 20 years of age on or before August 1 of the school year) is eligible for admission on a non-tuition basis if residing in the Manassas City Public Schools School Division, or if eligible for admission under Policy JECA. MCPS is committed to educating homeless children and youth. Please click here for additional information.
3. Determine your School Attendance Area
Manassas City Public Schools determines which of our five elementary schools your child will attend for grades K-4 based on your physical (home) address. Click here to find your assigned school.
4. Items needed for registration:
Original birth certificate
Proof of residency (deed or contract on a home in Manassas City or current rental/lease agreement)
Two (2) of the following: driver's license, car registration, utility bill or utility hook up, personal property tax bill, other bills, voter registration, or other documentary evidence of similar reliability)
Before a child may start school in August, a completed immunization record must be on file. The month, day, and year of immunizations must be reflected. Children, entering school for the first time, must have immunizations verified on either a Virginia Form MCH-213G, public health department form, or an immunization document from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner. (Click here for more information on immunizations.)
Additionally, a copy of the student's comprehensive Virginia State Physical should be on file. The physical examination must be from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner, performed within the 12 months prior to the date the student enters kindergarten or elementary school. When a physical is completed for an entry to kindergarten, the School Entrance Physical Exam Form must be used and can be completed by visiting the Virginia Department of Education website. If transferring from another school, school division, or from out-of-state, a copy of such an examination must be in the previous school’s record and available upon request.
5. Complete the Online Registration Form for School Year 2019-2020
Manassas City Public Schools utilizes an online registration application to collect the majority of information used to enroll your child in one of our schools. After completing the online form, you will need to visit your child’s school to complete the registration process and present required documents. You are encouraged to complete the online form ahead of time, but schools will have computers available on site if you wish to complete the form during your visit.
The online registration form is accessible via standard web browsers found on most internet connected devices including home computers, public computers (available at local libraries), tablets, and smartphones (user experience will vary by device).
Before clicking the link below to begin the online registration process for the 2019-2020 school year, review the documentation needed to register your child:
School Year 2019-2020
- If you are enrolling a student for next school year, 2019-2020, please click here.
- Si está inscribiendo a un estudiante para el próximo año escolar, 2019-2020, haga clic aquí.
If this is your first time in our online student registration system, you will need to click on "Create Account" to begin the process. (For technical assistance click here)
6. Make an Appointment with Your Child's School and Present Required Documentation to Complete the Registration Process
Manassas City Public Schools in accordance with The Commonwealth of Virginia requires you to provide certain original documents in order to enroll your child in school (See items needed for registration above).