The mission of the Osbourn High School Counseling program, in partnership with other educators, parents/guardians and community stakeholders is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program that addresses the academic, personal/social, and career development of all students and ensures that they are self-directed, life-long learners who are college and career ready.
The vision of the Osbourn High School comprehensive school counseling program is to facilitate equal access to a comprehensive school counseling program for all students, and that this program serve as an integral piece of the overall educational experience. The OHS school counseling program will also promote collaboration between school counselors, educators, parents, and other community stakeholders to ensure that the needs and goals of every student are addressed so that each student can complete high school, college and career ready.
As professional school counselors at Osbourn High School, we believe:
- Students must have access to 21st century instruction to develop the skills to support their success and on-time graduation.
- In collaboration with students, parents/guardians, and community stakeholders to aide in the student’s educational progress with the assistance of a professional school counselor.
- In the professional mandates and guidelines proposed by the national and state school counselor association and shall continue to use this set of standards for the school counseling program.
- Education is a responsibility shared by students, parents, staff, and community and is based on an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- That the school counseling program should use data to drive program development and evaluation.
- All students have value and we preserve dignity and promote the growth and success of all students without bias to cultural, religious, socioeconomic, gender, sexual orientation, special needs, or academic differences.
- Involving students in decisions that impact their lives promotes empowerment, commitment, ownership, a sense of value and pride.
- Every counselor will personify the highest level of ethical behavior and follow the guidelines as set forth by the American School Counseling Association.