School Year 2019-2020 New Student Registration Grades 1 through 12
We are excited that your family is joining our school division and allowing us to be an integral part of your child's future. Manassas City Public Schools (MCPS) is Where Learning Powers the Future, and MCPS is very fortunate to be part of a community that values and supports our vision.
- A new student is a child who is not currently enrolled in Manassas City Public Schools.
- If your child is currently enrolled with Manassas City Public Schools, you do not need to do anything. If your address or other information has changed since enrollment, please contact your child’s school directly to update any needed information.
- This online new student registration is only for children who are new to Manassas City Public Schools
If you are enrolling your child in MCPS, please complete the five steps below. During the summer months, MCPS' schools have set times for student registrations. Please visit your school's website to view its student registration dates and times (Click here for listing of schools and contact information). In the meantime, you may begin the registration process immediately by completing the five steps below.
New Student Registration Steps
1. If you are enrolling your kindergarten (KG) child to attend a school in the school year 2019-2020, please click here.
2. Online enrollment for new students in grades 1 through 12 will be available beginning on June 24, 2019.
2. Determine your Eligibility for Enrollment
A person of school age (i.e., a person who will have reached his or her fifth birthday on or before September 30 of the school year and who has not reached 20 years of age on or before August 1st of the school year) is eligible for admission on a non-tuition basis if residing in the Manassas City Public Schools School Division, or if eligible for admission under Policy JECA. MCPS is committed to educating homeless children and youth. Please click herefor additional information.
3. Determine your School Attendance Area
Manassas City Public Schools determines which of our five elementary schools your child will attend for grades K-4 based on your physical (home) address. Click here to find your assigned school.
4. Items needed for registration:
Original birth certificate
Proof of residency (deed or contract on a home in Manassas City or current rental/lease agreement
Two (2) of the following: driver's license, car registration, utility bill or utility hook up, personal property tax bill, other bills, voter registration, or other documentary evidence of similar reliability)
Before a child may start school in August, a completed immunization record must be on file. The month, day, and year of immunizations must be reflected. Children, entering school for the first time, must have immunizations verified on either a Virginia Form MCH-213G, public health department form, or an immunization document from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner (Click here for more information on immunizations).
Additionally, a copy of the student's comprehensive Virginia State Physical should be on file. The physical examination must be from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner, performed within the twelve months prior to the date the student enters kindergarten or elementary school. When a physical is completed for first-time entry to kindergarten, the School Entrance Physical Exam Form must be used and can be completed by visiting the Virginia Department of Education website. If transferring from another school, school division, or from out of state, a copy of such an examination must be in the previous school’s record and available upon request.
5. Complete the Online Registration Form for School Year 2019-2020
- Online enrollment for new students in grades 1 through 12 will be available beginning June 24, 2019.