Total Enrollment: 7,613
- Grades Pre-K (VPI, Blended, Special Education) 269
- Grades K-4 2,963
- Grades 5-6 1,160
- Grades 7-8 1,046
- Grades 9-12 2,175
Why choose Manassas City Public Schools?
- MCPS embraces the challenge and opportunity to serve students in a safe, healthy, and supportive school environment that focuses on innovative learning and integrates the use of technologies, inquiry, problem-solving, and higher order thinking skills.
- MCPS provides hands on activities for students across grade levels to explore and experience math, science, technology, and engineering projects.
- Students in all grades utilize technology tools as part of a blended learning environment that supports creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, communication, and responsibility.
- A variety of Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment classes are offered at Osbourn High School. George Mason University and Northern Virginia Community College provide opportunities for students to experience college level academics and obtain college credit, while in high school.
- Robotics, VEX, and “It’s Academic” teams promote higher level independent thinking and essential teamwork skills. The middle school and both intermediate schools offer Project Lead the Way courses and students in the elementary schools participate in First Lego League.
- MCPS offers the only Integrated Math and Science and Integrated Humanities programs in the region to students in grades 7-10. Selected students explore content through the application of real world problems.
- Algebra 1, Geometry, and foreign languages are offered at the middle school level for high school credit.
- MCPS students can attend the Governor’s School @ Innovation Park which offers advanced college level STEM courses to juniors and seniors on the Prince William Campus of George Mason University. The school has been honored by Virginia Living Magazine as a 2013 Top High School.
- Osbourn High School serves as a Governor’s STEM Academy, the first in the Greater Prince William region and the 23rd in the Commonwealth.
- Osbourn High School is a Grammy Signature School in music education and was identified in 2016 as a Silver Medal School by US News and World Report, placing it in the top 16% of high schools in Virginia.
- MCPS theme schools include Weems Elementary School, which holds national recognition for its high achievement as an urban school and is a “Visitation Viable” model school for its Talents and Gifts (TAG) program. Haydon Elementary School features a Spanish Dual Immersion program. Project Lead the Way “Elementary Launch Program” is offered at Baldwin Elementary School.
- Early learners are afforded the opportunity to participate in the Virginia Pre-School Initiative through a full-day or half-day learning program. Through Model Innovation City© all Pre-K through 3rd grade children who live in the City of Manassas have free access to the Footsteps2Brilliance literacy software.
- Band, Orchestra and Guitar are offered beginning in 5th grade.
- A K-12 CTE & STEM program is offered in all schools. Osbourn High School programs include Cyber Security, Engineering, Auto Technology, Cosmetology, EMT/Paramedic, and a variety of business courses.